This contract was running from 2007 to 2008.
The goal of this ARC was to focus on the transport capacity of WMN, main QoS criteria. It was hence necessary to combine theoretical approaches from different domains (deterministic bounds, stochastic tools, graph theory, etc.) in order to develop relevant methods and tools for modeling and evaluating the capacity of a WMN. Optimizing this capacity was the next objective. From our viewpoint, only cross-layer approaches are able to provide near optimal solutions adapted to an efficient deployment of the network. We hence focus on communication protocols that jointly optimize the routing and MAC layers. We then corroborate theoretical tools through simulations and experiments.
The contract was gathering
- ARES (INSA Lyon/INRIA Rhône Alpes)
- Drakkar (IMAG)
- Mascotte (I3S/INRIA Sophia Antipolis)
- POPS (LIFL/INRIA Futurs)
Conclusion and future directions
The CARMA project was quite fruitful. Many bilateral works have been conducted, in particular with the recruitment of M. Voge as a postdoc at POPS after her PhD at Mascotte (and before she obtained a position at LIFL). Consequently to the CARMA project, scientific collaboration have been strengthened and at least one ANR project is being submitted on similar topics.
Many papers have been published by the project members during the two years of CARMA. In the following one can find a selection of relevant papers. More information can be obtained by sending an email to H. Rivano.
- Molecular Architecture for Spontaneous Wireless Mesh Networks (M. Nassiri, F. Theoleyre, M. Heusse, A. Duda), Scandinavian Workshop on Wireless Ad-hoc & Sensor Networks (AdHoc 2008)
- Hector is an Energy effiCient Tree-based Optimized Routing protocol for wireless networks (N. Mitton, T. Razafindralambo, D. Simplot-Ryl, I. Stojmenovic), Proc. Int. Conf. on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks (MSN 2008)
- Bottleneck Analysis for Routing and Call Scheduling in Multi-hop Wireless Networks, (C. Gomes, S. Pérennes, H. Rivano), 4th IEEE Workshop on Broadband Wireless Access (BWA 2008)
- Influence des acquittements sur la capacité des réseaux radio maillés, (C. Molle, M.-E. Voge), 10 èmes Rencontres Francophones sur les Aspects Algorithmiques de Télécommunications (AlgoTel'08)
- Génération de colonnes pour le routage et l'ordonnancement dans les réseaux radio maillés, (C. Molle, F. Peix, H. Rivano), Colloque francophone sur l'ingénierie des protocoles (CFIP 2008)
- End-to-End Energy Efficient Geographic Path Discovery With Guaranteed Delivery in Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks (E. Elhafsi, N. Mitton, D. Simplot-Ryl), Proc. 19th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC'08)
- An optimization framework for the joint routing and scheduling in wireless mesh networks (C. Molle, F. Peix, H. Rivano), Proc. 19th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC'08)
- Optimal Routing and Call Scheduling in Wireless Mesh Networks with Localized Information (C. Molle, F. Peix, S. Pérennes, H. Rivano), 4th Symposium on Trustworthy Global Computing (TGC 2008)
- Molecular Architecture for Autonomic Wireless Mesh Networks (M. Nassiri, F. Theoleyre, M. Heusse), International Conference on emerging Networking EXperiments and Technologies (Conext), Student Workshop 2007.
- Properties of Greedy Geographical Routing in Spontaneous Wireless Mesh Networks, (E. Schiller, P. Starsetz, F. Theoleyre, A. Duda), Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM 2007)
- Models for Optimal Wireless Mesh Network Design (C. Gomes, C. Molle, P. Reyes, H. Rivano ), 22nd European Conference on Operational Research (EURO XXII), 2007